Tuesday, January 1, 2013

tini's new year's resolutions

Pretty much all I can think of whenever I think about New Year's resolutions is the episode of Degrassi where Paige says "new year, new look, new Paige." I honestly couldn't tell you the episode it was from or the season or anything, but I always always always think of that. What a start to a post, right?

Despite how awful college went for me (again, waiting for that post, my bad), overall, I'd say I accomplished a lot in 2012. Before I really thought about it, I had branded 2012 as an utter failure, full of stupidity and downfalls. But after looking at my list of goals for the year from last February, I really did get a lot done. Graduate with a 4.0 GPA. Check. Knit a sweater. Check. Make money. Check. Start college. Well... almost check, but soon to be a definite check. Start blogging or vlogging. Check. Learn to drive. Well... check. I didn't say get my license.... Publish a brilliant yearbook. Check (says the awards sitting at my high school...). Pass all five of my APs. Check (says all 4s and 5s). Get better at guitar. Check (I think so at least). 

Turns out that 2012 was not so bad after all. I knit a lot, I only got one sunburn, I did a lot of fun stuff, I finished high school, I cut off all my hair, I broke a world record, and I voted for the first time, among tons of other stuff.

It's like a year in instagram highlights -- but really a year in just general highlights too. There was a lot of bad in 2012, but also a lot of good that I'm very, very thankful for. And I'm very, very thankful for all of the people who got me through this past year, even when I wasn't sure I was going to make it. 

On a brighter note, now, I really think I can achieve anything I set my mind to in 2013. I think 2013 can be my year. I've never been so excited for a new year as a fresh start in my whole life as I am right now. I'm so ready to start over -- and, seeing as for the first time in my life January will also be the start of a new school year for me, now is the perfect time. The perfect fresh start. The perfect time to turn over a new leaf. I'm ready to go (I even did this whole thing where I bought a bunch of new clothes online the other day to prepare for the new me... haul post?) -- but not completely without any path at all. For once it's a new year and it actually feels different. Maybe it's just because I want such a big change, but it feels like it's happening (even if all I'm doing is writing blog posts and sending Em sappy text messages).

New Year's Resolutions 2013

  • Post on our blog regularly -- and get a legitimate and actual following. This year, I'm going to not only post for me and Em, but hopefully for other people. I'll have a schedule, and I'll stick to it. I'll run a weekly post with a weekly theme -- whatever it takes. I'll do tons of getting us out there -- making a name for this blog and the two of us. 
  • Take more pictures. I have a really nice DSLR camera that I bought at the end of my sophomore year and a really nice point and shoot camera I received as a graduation gift (that's also tiny and perfect for carrying). I just want to carry my cameras more -- get more pictures of everything. It'd also make random blogging a heck of a lot easier.
  • Get my license. I know. I'm 19 and I still have no license. Even Nickelodeon shows have started taunting me about it (they've actually made jokes about not having your license on iCarly and Victorious). I'm going to have to have my mom drive me to my first semester of college. But hopefully, soon, I'll be getting my license. This one isn't so much a resolution as just something that absolutely without question needs to be done. 
  • Start a happiness jar. I don't know if that's really what I should call it -- but a jar where I put little slips of paper with great things that happen to me written on them. I just think it'll make the whole "reflecting on the year" process a lot easier next year. 
  • Stop wearing leggings as pants outside of my house. I don't think I need to explain this one.
  • Wear my retainers regularly. I am so bad about wearing my retainers... I haven't been wearing them for over a year now and my teeth are starting to get a gap. It wouldn't really be a problem if my teeth hadn't moved so much that it's extremely painful to wear them, so I need to ween myself back onto them. 
  • Stop swearing -- or at least swear less. It's not very ladylike. 
  • Start exercising -- at least a little. I'm seriously the least active person on earth -- I could sit down all day for weeks on end and never notice. Like -- thank God I'm naturally thin and don't eat that much... but I feel like it just can't be good for me anymore. Walking Penny once she gets to come home, maybe doing some work out videos on YouTube, etc. Nothing too drastic -- just a little something. 
  • Read more. I honestly wish I read more, but I just don't. I lost my library card in January of sophomore year -- it's sad that I know exactly when it was but I have no clue where it is -- and ever since then I just haven't read as much. I used to read a lot, and I loved it, so I'd love to get back into that. 
  • Finally read The Happiness Project. I've wanted to read this book for almost a whole year and never got around to it. Yet.
  • Do well in school. I don't mean to sound like a snob, but I'm going to community college (and I did extremely well in high school) so I think this one is kind of a freebie for me. 
  • Start flossing. Now you all think I'm obsessed with dental hygiene. 
  • Be at peace. I think I might even start meditating to try to get rid of the hostility inside me. 
I am so excited to see what this year brings because I know it's going to be great. Happy New Year! Please share any resolutions you guys have in the comments!

xx, kristina

No comments:

Post a Comment