Saturday, January 5, 2013

storytime with em: new york city part 2

So last I left you we went to bed really late because the next day was my favorite favorite favorite day: the day I saw my cousins!!! They were in Connecticut for Christmas, and we were on the way, so we spent the day in Yonkers, and got to eat lunch with them. They're one and a half and absolutely adorable!!

I'm not blocking out his face cause look at how alike we look and how adorable he is!! We ended up getting to the mall before them, so we shopped at Forever 21 and H&M (two of my favorite stores) and I got this super cute lace dress from H&M (I think it was $30?) and then 2 jeans ($10.80 a piece) and fake peral necklace (I don't remember how much that was) from Forever 21, my first purchase at the store! (Literally I love them, but they're a hot mess and I can't find things so I don't buy anything from them.) By that point my cousins were there, so we went to Applebee's for lunch and I got to play with cousins and they're so cute! After they left we stopped by Macy's but there wasn't anything good there, so we went to Barnes and Noble for a while and just read. Then to dinner with Mexican food (literally the only Mexican places we have around here are fast food unless you want to drive 30 minutes and it's not worth it really) and the end of Saturday.

Sunday I had French Toast sticks for breakfast which I am in love with. It's a problem. Then we hopped on the subway to The Battery and we froze our butts off for a bit and then headed into the American Indian Museum which I didn't really enjoy (awk since I'm probably majoring history) but they had these super comfy chairs which I did enjoy. 

After that, we went to Wall Street and saw the Stock Exchange and the place where George Washington was sworn in as president. We then started to walk towards the 9/11 memorial and stopped for lunch at Panini Co (or something like that) which was packed. (I really hate packed places.) We tried to see the memorial, but a) it's still under construction and b) you needed special passes so we just saw the carving/statue thing they have across the street. 

Finally we headed to...
Dylan's Candy Bar since I really, really wanted to go. We ended up getting candy, which I finished a few days ago (sigh) and I got to see FOUR of the Project Runway dresses. (I love that show, but I'm not caught up yet, which is ridiculous.) Also a worker made a reference to Doctor Who (It's bigger on the inside...cause there are 3 floors you know? also if you don't get that reference for shame.) Then we headed to FAO Schwarz with a pit stop at Crate & Barrel (I really want to furnish homes now). I got to see the Plaza from the outside which was super cool as well. Then we said bye to the city and went back to the hotel after dinner. 

Then Monday (New Year's Eve) we came home. And that was that. Oh, and I forgot like two things we did the second day, so I'm saying them here. AFter dinner at the Rockefeller Center, we went into Saks 5th Ave and the church (omg I'm blanking here....it's right across the street though) before we went to the show. Also at some point we went to Bloomingdale's and got stuff from Magnolia's Bakery which I think might have been that last day as well. They were super fancy too. 

Anyways, that was my trip to NYC (it's still perfect in my mind) and look out for my food post!

-em xx

No comments:

Post a Comment