Monday, January 14, 2013

tini hauls: modcloth, free people, old navy, case-mate

Hahahaha, look, I made another pun using Tini that no one else will think is funny. I personally find it hilarious though, so you all can just go sit in the corner.

Anyway, point being, I've done some shopping recently. Mainly online. Since right now is basically "back to school" for me (I start classes on Tuesday!), it seems appropriate to buy new clothes. And a new phone case. And four pairs of colored tights. And contemplate buying a Longchamp Le Pliage bag (if you guys have one, PLEASE comment below and tell me if it's worth it. I'm thinking about buying the large one as a school bag because I'm a commuter and will be hauling all my notebooks and whatnot around all day, and I really want to know if it's worth the money because I consider that a pretty sizable investment).

I started out by buying some dresses off of ModCloth. Even though I ordered four, I ended up returning one because it had some pretty awkward pockets on the sides that stuck out (that definitely didn't show up in the picture online... I was pretty pissed).

This first dress I am in love with. To me, it's sooo Blair Waldorf from the front and the back cut out is adorable and completely unexpected. It was on sale for $35.99 and now is on an even better sale. Honestly though, I would have snatched this up even at full price. The website calls it a "navy" but I think it's more royal blue. The only thing about this dress is that if you get the back tangled, it takes forever to get straightened back out. I just love everything about the appearance of this dress; I could not say enough good things about it.


I can't figure out if I should apologize more for my hair in this picture (I just got out of the shower and was trying to keep my wet hair from getting my dresses wet) or my face. This dress looks super dark (almost black) in the picture, but it's actually a gorgeous dark purple. It is hands down the thickest, most wonderful material I've ever had a dress in. I thought I might have to give you the terrible news that it was out of stock because at the time I ordered it, mine was the last one, but luckily, they've restocked!


This was the most expensive dress I bought, which might sound a little weird, but quick backstory. One time, at Francesca's, probably about two years ago, I saw an elephant print dress, but I passed it up. I have since been looking for one forever. Then there was the Lilly Pulitzer "Tusk in Sun" Cassie dress, which was just too expensive for me to justify. And then I saw this. And I had to have it. I've had none of the problems mentioned in the reviews about the arms being ridiculously tight, though it is a little hard to get off and the button in the back of the neck is a little difficult to put through the loop. In any case, I'm so excited to have this dress now. The bow is a little sparkly and there is nothing about it I don't love.

Of course, since it's winter, I needed some tights to go with my new dresses. I have a disappointing lack of tights. The first three pairs are from Free People and the red pair are from ModCloth. Kind of boring I guess. 

And then, while I was waiting for my order to come, I went on a little trip to the mall with my mom and sister (who is home from college for about a month). If I didn't have these clothes coming to my house when I was there, I would have been disappointed, because I only bought one thing. 

I'm sorry about how I both look like I'm going to vomit and about my pants (they were just the pants I was wearing with the shirt I actually wore today!). Oh, also how wrinkled my shirt is -- I wore the shirt to orientation tucked into a pair of jeans, and I just put it back on to take a picture. I'm literally in love with this blouse. I got it for around 8 dollars on sale -- it said it was going to be about 11 on the sign, but the tag said otherwise. No complaints here. I've been lusting over these shirts online (ever since Sarahbelle93x showed one in her haul) and I finally have one -- I can't lie, I want to order more, but they're out of all the sale colors in my size, so I don't know if I really want to pay full price. In her video, Sarahbelle93x mentions that they're "pretty much the same" as the Blythe blouse from J.Crew -- except way cheaper (and it's a pullover -- the buttons don't go all the way down). I've been lusting over the Blythe blouse for months, but even when it was on sale I couldn't justify buying a silk blouse that I'd have to worry about whenever I wore it and dry clean. This shirt is the perfect alternative. I'm so excited about it.

The last thing I bought requires a little back story. So my old phone case has elephants on it. It's perfect. It's Tiffany blue with white elephants. It's so me. But sometimes I just get a little bored with it. I want to be able to change it. So when my mom got an iPhone and wanted to order a case from Case-mate, I ordered another one.

So first of all, yes, nerdy Doctor Who case. If you caught the reference, 100 cool points to you my friend. Anyway, it's the same style of case as my old one -- a design your own "tough case". I think this case is literally the bomb dot com because I drop my phone all the time and nothing ever happens to it. It's a hard plastic outside and a rubbery inside. You can upload any picture or graphic you want and they'll print it on the case for you! Also, if you google it, you can usually find a discount code of some sort. Next time I need a new phone case, I'll probably go right back to Case-mate.

Anyway, that's all I've bought recently! I've got a big list of posts to make going and I'm about to schedule some of them into my planner, so that's really exciting! Comment and let me know if you've bought anything recently, or if you have any questions about the stuff I've bought, or seriously IF YOU OWN A LE PLIAGE I want to know about it (I cannot tell you how badly I want to know about it). I'm going to go snuggle up in my jammies in bed and do some post planning/enjoying my last week before my semester starts.

xx, kristina

4 comments:

  1. I don't own a Le Pliage -- but I did just watch this video on YouTube and it may help you make a decision:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JeFVEobcdCo&list=UUY6B-rb-AgSy4nW3DX6uKDw&index=2

    Also, super cute haul post! I'm obsessed with the videos on YouTube but never saw a post version, love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I absolutely LOVE Sarah's videos! That video is actually sort of the reason I've been seriously considering buying one.

      And thank you so much! I'm obsessed too, so I thought it might be fun to translate into blogging instead.

      Delete
  2. Oh man I love this post and all those fun clothes you got! You look so darling. Love your cell phone case too:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. First dress is so cute! Really impressive blog, love your style. If you want check mine and we could follow each other:-)
    Kisses
    Aga

    GIVEAWAY with Choies!!!50 WINNERS!!!
    PERFECT PARTY DRESS
    www.agasuitcase.com

    ReplyDelete