Tuesday, January 1, 2013

em's new year's resolutions

So I'm kinda thinking that this title might be misleading since these are probably more goals for myself than resolutions, but I guess those are the same things aren't they. But I don't usually make resolutions for New Year's but I'll try to stick to these (especially since I'm telling all of you!)

Either way, 2012 has probably been my most fab year yet. Honestly, like Tini, I didn't think that I had accomplished much in 2012. To be honest, it's hard to remember what I was doing a year ago (like midterms maybe? I don't even remember those) so it's easy to see why I couldn't think of what I'd done in one year. I didn't quite make a list of goals last January, but from what I have written, I actually did quite a bit. I passed my 3 APs (4's on all of them, even Physics what), I took the SATs and SAT II (and killed the math sections so I now can lord over my math teacher from last year oops), I got my driver's license (after I thought I had failed the test), and I made a new friend(s)!

And on top of that I got my Gold Award (it's like becoming an Eagle Scout just for Girl Scouts, a new post idea maybe?), I got my lifeguard certification and my first job, I got into two colleges (with a scholarship!), and helped some people through tough times. Not to mention my half finished attempts like writing a novel (I will get there someday) or knitting or crocheting something. All in all, I think I did more than I ever thought I would and I'm happy about it.


Somehow I've changed in the course of a year (the left is yesterday night, and the right is January 6th, 2012 can you see it well?) My hair's gotten longer, I've grown up a bit, realized I liked painting my nails and shopping at Forever 21 and H&M and that I needed pants other than jeans in my closet.

So here are my goals for this year:
  • Get into college and go to college. I know I'm already in college, but I'm still waiting on eight more schools and I would love to get into a few of them. I already have a good feeling of where I'll end up next this August, but you never know!
  • Get at least 4's on my APs. I think this is self explanatory.
  • Do my laundry on a regular basis. I do my laundry, it just needs to be done more, you know?
  • Blog more. Like Tini, I want us to make a mark, if that makes any sense. I will update on a regular basis, even when I move away (probably more oops, don't let me get distracted from college! We're going places Tini, I promise)
  • Take more pictures. I don't have a super nice camera, but the one I have is really easy to carry around and I always take it with me but never use it. I always feel bad when I come back from something with very few pictures. So there's that. 
  • Take care of myself. I'm starting to learn that I need to put myself first. I can't let other people take me down with them. Also, I need to eat healthier and exercise more (and learn how to do 100 push ups) I'm tired of killing myself over the way I look so I need to do something about it. 
  • Finish writing a story. Whether it's for NaNoWriMo or just on my own, this needs to happen. I have 365 days and countless ideas, the only thing I need is time. 
  • Get an A in math. I know this seems kind of silly but I'm pretty sure I haven't gotten a real, decent A (93+) since 8th or 9th grade. I think this is my year. Bring it on Calc. (FYI, first quarter I got a 96, so this isn't baseless).
  • Get straight A's and A's as my final grades. This kinda goes hand in hand with the previous one, but I need to. Getting straight A's would be fantabulous and guarantee my spot at whatever school I end up at. 
  • Make amends. There are at least 2 people I can think of who I've been not so nice to or ignored for a looooong time. And I'd like to go off to college with a clean slate. 
  • Keep in touch. I'm literally terrified of losing friends when I leave for college. Even though I know I won't stay in touch with 90% there are a select few who I do want to keep in contact with.
So that's that. I'm not sure how well it's going to work (but hey, look at last year!) Oh goodness I forgot the big one: I want to graduate. Hello where's my brain, obviously not here. Like I said, I don't know if this'll work. I don't know how many I'll keep or complete, but I'm going to try. 2013 is the year I graduate (and we all know 13 is Taylor Swift's lucky number) so all in all, I'm hoping know it'll be a good year. Even if I end up at the state school.

Happy New Year guys, (and if you have a resolution you want to share with us, post it on either this post or Kristina's, we'd love to read them!)

-em xx

No comments:

Post a Comment